7 Reasons Why People Procrastinate
1. FEAR….plain and simple!
2. We seek perfection. We want things to be just so, just right. By wanting things to be perfect we put way too much pressure on ourselves. This pressure, instead of motivating and spurring us on, is actually paralysing. This is probably what writers are experiencing when they talk about writers block.
3. Feeling and worries around not being good enough.
4. What we are taking on is too big and daunting a project. It’s so big that we don’t know where to start. We feel over-faced and overwhelmed….so we grind to a halt and do nothing!
5. Comparing ourselves to others, and worrying about what other people think of us.
6. Judging what we do. Comparing ourselves to the wrong people. We compare ourselves to people who have been doing the the things that we want to do for years. This is certainly not comparing “like” with “like.” How can you expect to produce work and creativity of the same skill-level? Why are we so scared of been a beginner??
7. Beating ourselves up for procrastinating. By doing this you can easily fall into a procrastinating cycle. Would you talk to a friend like you talk to yourself? I don’t think so! If you did you probably wouldn’t have any friends left!
BE KINDER TO YOURSELF…GIVE YOURSELF PERMISSION TO BE A BEGINNER. ALLOW YOURSELF TO MAKE MISTAKES.